Who we are
We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
1. Who are we?
We are Let’s Walk Bristol C.I.C. Our address is Spring House, Martcombe Road, Bristol BS20 0QD.
2. What does this policy cover?
This policy applies only to your use of our website. Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
3. What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal information covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
4. How do we collect personal information from you?
We obtain personal information about you when you browse or use our website, book onto one of our walks, or register to receive our email newsletters.
5. What type of personal information is collected from you?
Depending upon your use of our website, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal information:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Emergency contact details
- Details of medical contraindications
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
6. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing orders you have submitted;
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Sending you communications which you have requested;
- Analysing your use of our website and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our website and your user experience.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or to fulfil our statutory obligations.
7. Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not release your information to third parties unless:
- you have requested us to do so, or
- we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime, or
- it is necessary to carry out our obligations arising from any contract with you. For instance, we will pass your emergency contact information and details of medical contraindications to the walk providers of any walks you have booked onto through our website to enable them to look after your health and safety.
8. How do we keep your information safe?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
Any sensitive information (such as health and medical details) given to us which needs to be printed and shared with a walk provider for medical/emergency reasons will be subject to strict controls. At all other times the hard copy will be stored in a locked location.
9. How do we process payments?
We use third-party services for payment processing.
10. Can you withhold information?
You may access certain areas of our website without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
11. What are cookies and how do we use them?
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
12. Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
13. What are your rights?
Under UK data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you:
- The right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, and we will provide you with this unless legal exceptions apply. If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to the address provided in paragraph 14.
- The right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected. The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us via the contact details in paragraph 14 .
- The right of erasure. You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal information.
- The right to object to us using your personal information for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to personal information portability.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact information in paragraph 14. We may be required to ask for further information and/or evidence of identity. We will endeavour to respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances. For more details we recommend you consult the guidance published by the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, https://ico.org.uk.
14. How do you contact us?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal information and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details.
Contact name: Vicky Welsh
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 07958 581398
Postal address: Spring House, Martcombe Road, Bristol BS20 0QD
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in April 2022.